Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30th 2011

I was apart from my sweet Hubby just about all of today, which is very tiring with my two toddlers and 26 weeks pregnant. I really appreciate what a wonderful father and husband he is. I definitely notice the days spent away from him in my back. I know tomorrow Andi (the biggest Daddy's Girl EVER) will not want him out of her sight tomorrow!

My Hubby and I read a book (well half of it for me) from Elder L. Tom Perry called Family Ties: A message for Fathers. I really recommend this book for EVERYONE my Hubby was in the living room reading it and so I asked him to read out loud for me, and while I didn't hear the first couple chapters (which is where Rob said he really is talking directly to Husbands and Fathers) But it really just reminded me of the most important things in raising our children. I really enjoy listening to what Rob's role in our home is supposed to be, (which he does such an amazing, loving, and tender job taking care of his responsibilities, and lifting me up as I try to fulfill mine.) I think it's a good reminder for women to know what our Husbands role is and allow them fill it. Allowing the Priesthood to be at the head of our home is such a special blessing. Elder L Tom Perry said (speaking to the men of the church); "Enjoy the inspiration of God, our Eternal Father, to lead, guide, and direct your families in righteousness. You stand at the head of the only organization I know of that can be eternal. Should not that charge and responsibility receive top priority in in your life?" I am so grateful to my wonderful companion whom I get to work side-by-side with everyday to raise our beautiful children and the wonderful blessings the Priesthood brings into our home.

We had left the house so that Rob could study for a test and went to my children's favorite park, which is the train depot we spent hours just walking around and found out that Andi is TERRIFIED of toads, which of course meant that Rocky loved it, he loved it so much after looking at it he wanted to squish it with his hand foot or whatever he could. So after saving the toads life, we looked at the new fish in the pond, (they had been gone for the summer) and climbed on a train. And just got to enjoy exploring with my children. They are growing up so fast I can hardly believe it! Just take a look...




No comments:

Post a Comment