Monday, November 28, 2011

Food, Wrapping and so much More!

So we ended up in the Labor and Delivery department last week due to some severe pain, and SURPRISE you're already dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced so I had to be monitored for a while. Luckily I didn't continue to progress after an hour so I was able to go home but now knowing that I am moving fast and the nurse predicted a couple weeks tops before I deliver I have A LOT to do! So today I started making my grocery list for all the freezer meals I need to make (hopefully I will get them done this weekend) so that my family will actually eat healthy, warm meals. I think I got a good mix in there so they don't get bored. I also made a grocery list for my children's lunches. I am going to pre-make a bunch and freeze/refrigerate them so that I can easily feed them once this little guy is here. That doesn't sound like much but it took me a little while to finish those lists! haha (I'll take pictures to share once I finish them! It should be interesting!)

I also started to pack my hospital bag. I had a great list when I had my first child and couldn't find it, I have pregnant brain and can't remember what I usually pack or what I wanted! So I started looking all over the internet for a good list... I decided that it doesn't exists, and then I found an okay list from a UK hospital site. Needless to say I had to make my own list; and since I have a few pregnant friends I'll share:

Mommy:
Panties (make sure they are comfy)
Pads (I am not the biggest fan of the ones the hospital gives you)
Nursing pads
Nursing Bra
Facial wipes
Make-up
Shampoo/Conditioner
Pony tail/bobby pins
Suckers
PJ's (I bought a pair of nursing PJ's just incase I am there longer than expected)
Brush
Lotion
Tooth Brush
Tooth Paste
Mouth Wash
Tissues
Deodorant
Going home outfit (something comfy!)
Lanolin cream (I only used it with my first but thought I'd add it for everyone else)
Snacks (I put just something small that I love to eat in my bag because I don't like hospital food)

Daddy:
Tooth Brush
Tooth Paste
Mouth Wash
Deodorant
Hair Glue (or gel or whatever if your Hubby is like mine he appreciates this addition)
PJ's
Extra Shirt
Extra set of Underclothing
Snacks (I have him pick out a few things to stick in the bag, hospital food sucks)

Baby:
Blanket
A couple outfits (I pack a newborn and a 0-3 months size) - to go home in
Onesies
Burp cloth (just because I like mine)
Car Seat

Last Minute Grabs:
Camera
Phone
Phone Charger

I think that's about everything that's in my bag. But I'll add something if I think of it. (My bag is not that big (it's a small duffle bag) it just sounds like a lot, and I get travel sized pretty much everything.)

Now It's time to start wrapping all the Christmas presents for the children so that it's not done last minute and I am not stressed about it. I feel lucky that I finished the kids Christmas shopping weeks ago!

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and we'll see how everything's going then, because you never know, this little boy could all the sudden decide that he is comfy in there and is just settling in and could hold out for 3-4 more weeks or go nuts and wait the full 5 weeks! Lot's to do to get ready for this little boy and we are so excited to meet him.




No comments:

Post a Comment