Sunday, October 2, 2011

Coloring and Messes!

A tiring day, wonderful but oh so tiring! It usually is and as long as I don't loose my temper that day (I have been getting tired and cranky lately, being pregnant is hard sometimes) I can still feel like it was wonderful! Watching conference was wonderful, the first session we colored with the kids trying to get them to stay in the living room to listen. The second session I was trying desperately to get Andi to take a nap (she is barely 2 and thinks she doesn't need a nap anymore, but she does) so I relaxed with her on the couch and just cuddled her till she fell asleep... and so did I. So I missed half of the second session.

When I woke I laid Andi down on the couch and went to look for my Hubby and son, well I found a trail to follow to find Rocky... it was a trail of water (no he didn't have an accident) but he had grabbed two pitchers of water and spilled them ALL OVER his room! He had all his kitchen equipment out at his little play kitchen and water EVERYWHERE! His clothes were soaked so I thought; I wonder where your Daddy is and if he knows what happened to the house? I went into the office and there was my sweet, hardworking Hubby studying hard for his next test. I asked him so do you know where your son is... what he's up to, what he did? He had no clue! At least it was only water and Rocky was willing to help clean it up! What a cuttie he is! Then I went to the kitchen to clean the pitchers and refill them.... Orange juice was all over my floor, first thought; Oh thank heavens it's only in the kitchen! and there wasn't much left! So that was fun, the rest of the day I got to watch my sweet kids chase after each other laughing and squealing.

Unfortunately, Rob had to finish an online test so we had a late dinner to accommodate that which made Andi VERY unhappy and the poor thing just wanted cuddled but I was making fried chicken and couldn't have her in the kitchen with the hot oil. She cried for a good 30 mins while I made dinner, (Daddy came and comforted her a couple of times while he was studying.) Then once we had dinner together and a miracle happened! Rocky tried EVERYTHING on his plate!!!!!! This NEVER happens sometimes we wonder how that boy can even be alive with how little he eats sometimes! But he's been doing AWESOME! We decided that there can't be anymore "unhealthy" snacks, so no more fruit snacks, and cookies around our house. And he while he hasn't loved all the small changes I keep slowly making like it's a fresh fruit or veggie for a snack or homemade bread (any kind banana, zucchini, or potato -that's pretty much all I make- until fall and then I'll make some pumpkin) But he did so good at dinner I am so proud of him!

The kids took a bath while I cleaned up some messes and afterward they didn't want to get dressed! haha (Who likes clothes anyway?) But Rocky ran into the office naked with his hat and sunglasses on and his bubble gun, so funny and cute! His favorite thing to wear is his hat and sunglasses and have some sort of "gun" all he has is a bubble gun, squirt gun (both toy story themed) and then and little nerve type gun with no bullets) haha so it's just hilarious! Andi likes to do the same things as her brother so she got some sunglasses and they were taking turns with their tie. You might have to be there Mom to think that everything they do is cute (well most everything) but I took pictures so you can be the judge. (Pictures didn't get posted because we felt they were better kept for family) :) But they are just so amazing and going to be young for such a short amount of time that I just can't help it!

Since I am due in December I have started to think about Christmas... I know there's still lots of time but I want everything done before December 1st so that no matter what happens we are prepared for it! Last year we tried to make sure that the kids knew that it's about Christ's birth but I don't think they got anything from it except that they got to open lots of cool new toys...(granted they were 1 and 2) So this year I am thinking about a whole different approach, though I haven't figured to much about how I want to do it, I have a few ideas but I am having a hard time finding the things that I need to do it! So once I figure out more I'll share what we're doing! There's still time so for now we're more of looking at where we'll put the Christmas tree. This year I don't know how long we'll be able to hold off putting it up! haha But don't worry it won't go up in October! I am hoping that we'll be good this year and wait till after Thanksgiving. Well I still need to go work on the kids Christmas stuff and get everything going so I think I'm done.

But today I want to remember us all coloring together during conference. Remember pointing out who Andi was coloring (they were pages off The Friend's website so they were of kids praying, and the prophets.) And listening to my children try to say names. And remember how cute Andi is when she's tired of trying to say the name that she starts pointing out their nose, and eyes to try and change the subject!




No comments:

Post a Comment