Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now I see...

I need to go out frequently with my children, it helps me keep my sanity. I did not make it out somewhere today, and around 5pm (after a day of no naps again) my wonderful children decided it was now time to play rough which is laughter shortly followed by much crying. It wasn't their crazy play where they run around giggling at each other and tag each other and roar and think they are the funniest thing on earth. (I missed that today) I was feeling rather fat this evening and low on patients and with them not listening and making each other cry, I was missing my Hubby. I kept just trying to think, would I rather not be here though? Would I rather someone else be taking care of them? I love them so much, but I am tired. Finally I spoke very firmly with them and decided that Rocky needed more encouragement to do good. So overtime he helped his sister we gave high 5's and told him he was awesome! When he cleaned up the same thing "You are awesome, you rock!" and "I love you! I am so proud of you." And his attitude improved, not to perfect but so much better than where he was! My daughter needed extra cuddling (and sleep) but she was able to calm down enough to help clean up. She loves to help clean up and I love how well she does it! She had a really hard time falling asleep. So now I see (again) that sometimes it's okay to wait on the cleaning. That even in the rain when I am feeling very pregnant I should just go out, take my camera, jump in some puddles. Make sure both of the me and the kids have fun, creative fun, not just playing with the toys in the house. Even play dough was boring today, we just are going to have to do something different tomorrow!

I should mention the morning. It was bliss, (which is probably why I felt so frustrated at the evenings attitude) The kids had an extra playmate who was super happy, my daughter and her played so well together. Then my son joined in and we all just had so much fun. We made muffins for breakfast. My kids hardly touched their lunch, (maybe that's why they had such a hard time.) But they played so well and made lots of messes with their toys (good messes) They made the morning easy, enjoyable, and just bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment