Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just a Tuesday

Our poor babies had a really hard night last night, with all of us getting very little sleep. That made our day a little harder than usual. We hadn't watched hardly any TV for a while so I decided that it would be okay to watch a couple movies to help them be happy and content. So we watched Beauty and the Beast, and The Princess and the Frog. I hate seeing my sweet children upset when I know the cure is so simple! It's amazing how much of an impact the simple act of resting our bodies can do for our attitude.

As I was sitting there with my babies thinking this is a harder day, and due to my pregnant self I was almost in tears, when I caught myself thinking "are you serious? you're about to cry because your children are learning how their bodies work/don't work when they don't receive enough sleep" Then I decided to instead focus on all the many things that I could be doing, like getting the family gift exchange set-up for this year. And then decided to just think about all of our wonderful blessings. I have a beautiful home, 2 healthy children with a 3rd on the way, I have a wonderful Husband, who has just started a job that he loves, he is able to go to a good school and receive further education. There is plenty of food in my fridge, the bills are paid. I have been given many tools to help my children learn the gospel, and for us all to grow closer together. Then my thoughts finally turned where I wanted them to go, it may not always be easy, it is always worth it. And that this calling gives me the greatest joy. And that sometimes it's okay to be tired and watch a couple movies. It was nice to just cuddle and play with the kids, we normally get lots of play time but not a lot of cuddle time. It was a special day.

Today I went to a store to look for a baby gift for a friend who will soon have her 1st little one, (a little boy) This store is a trap for me, I ALWAYS end up spending more than I planned to because that little boy section is just full of cute little clothes, and I happen to be having a 2nd boy in December! But I bought my birthday gift, I purchased an outfit for my little one coming in December, and then a matching shirt for my daughter (I already had a few shirt options for my oldest that would go perfect with theirs) and so now I have some matching outfits for the children, so that when this new little one comes I can take lots of cute pictures of them all matching! haha But I love it and it makes me so happy to have pictures of my little ones!

Here's hoping for a better nights rest and happier children tomorrow so that preschool goes smoothly and that we can do something fun afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment