Sunday, October 16, 2011

BUSY!!

It's been busy at the Doty house! We have had so much fun lately, we celebrated my 23rd Birthday on Friday, by going together as a family to Farmstead, (a corn maze and pumpkin patch.) The kids LOVED it and so did we! They had so many fun things for the kids to do and we just really enjoyed our time there! We will probably be going back before it closes for the season. The kids LOVED the pony rides, the jumping pillow, all the animals to pet! Then they had a corn box where my little son got to play while his sister napped. They had a cow train that was just adorable! They had made little cow train car things, that were pulled around by a tractor and the kids just thought it was awesome! The corn maze was so much fun for the kids they loved running down the paths and picking which way we should go! (If only I didn't tire so fast we could have been in the maze longer!) We took a hayride to go to the pumpkin patch where we picked a couple of pumpkins that we'll carve on Monday! My little girl got to pet and feed animals, my little boy got to be around tractors and ride things, the day just couldn't have been better! We were there all the way until bedtime, went home put the kids to bed and then I got to cuddle with my Hubby while we watched a movie... perfect day!

Saturday Hubby had work and Rocky had soccer, he wasn't really interested in playing he was still tired from the day before so we stayed till about 10 mins left in practice and decided that yes it was just too tiring today haha. Then we had a little less than 2 hours till we had to pick up the Hubby from work so we went and saw Cars 2 in the cheap theater (it's right next to where he works so if it went longer he would be able to come get us/have the car) But he got off work early so he got to watch part of the movie with us (that was so nice.) We all agreed that it was fun once but not a movie we'd be buying (even after I thought for sure that movie would end up under the tree for our little boy!) That's okay there are much better gifts to be given! It was my actual Birthday on Saturday so my Hubby gave me a present as soon as we got home, it was such a sweet gift! He had purchased me new scriptures (which I really did need, chapters had randomly gone missing and pages were falling out) plus he really didn't like that they had my maiden name on them. So I have a brand new pair of scriptures with my name on them! He even picked out a scripture case that it just wonderful and got me new things to mark my scriptures with! He is so thoughtful, I am so grateful for him taking the time to make me feel extra special on my birthday.

WAY TO GO BSU we watched their game at Hubby's grandma and grandpa's! I appreciate them keeping me comfortable while watching the game and not stressed on the edge of the seat! haha

My sweet little boy has been having trouble the last couple of weeks and I feel so bad, I know it's my fault. I've been sick again and I have not been good about personal scripture study with the children. I haven't been taking the time that he needs in order to feel special and loved, and to help him learn and progress. Meals have been hit and miss at our house and I feel so guilty. That is something that I truly enjoy providing for my family a nice home cooked meal 3 times a day, just brings me joy.

I have a lot work on this week and am hoping that I have the energy and patients to accomplish everything. (Or at least the important things each day)









No comments:

Post a Comment